(Nearly) Wordless Wednesday: Reading with Daddy

Can I tell you a secret? Cedella has been sleeping really well lately. I almost feel like writing it down will jinx it. But I am so damn happy that she is finally, after nearly 20 months of life sleeping through the night. It’s heavenly. Well, except for the whole waking up between 6 and 7 am thing. We’re working on that…

We used The Sleep Lady’s Good Night, Sleep Tight book and it has been revolutionary in a very short period of time. Like many other methods she really encourages a sleep routine. We got upstairs (some nights we take a bath), clean up toys, change into night-time dipes and jammies and then pick out books to read. We read four or five books, then a little nursing, our special ‘Everybody Loves Everybody’ song and then into the crib.

The only problem, I’ve been the primary one handling this routine cause of Michael’s crazy work schedule. But when he can Daddy takes over the duties and tonight I caught a couple of shots of the two of them. Then I used some of Pioneer Woman’s Photoshop Actions, cause they weren’t that great out of the camera. I love that each action gave the same moment a different feeling. Which is your favorite?

Seventies, Dim the Lights and Burn the Edges.

I think this is my fav. Cheerful and sweet. Vintagey and grainy. Like the ‘Nashville’ filter on Instagram.

Lovely & Ethereal and Colorize.

So dreamy and I love Cedella looking off to the side. Like she’s contemplating the story.

Pioneer Woman B&W.

So simple and classic. Love Michael’s expression. And Cedella wringing her hands.

Comments

1. debi9kids
    Twitter:
    says:

awwww… what a lovely & tender moment that you captured.
    I like all 3 actions, but I agree with you & like the first on the most.
    debi9kids recently posted..Little Devil Caught in the Act!

2. alicia says:

Such a sweet moment captured. I think my fav is the first. Happy WW!

3. Cecily R says:

You know, I have purchased a lot of actions, but PW’s freebies are some that I ALWAYS go back to.

All of them are great, but I’m a sucker for black and white. :)
    Cecily R recently posted..In Session: A Little Fair Bliss

4. I love seeing the same photo with the different actions. Love the photo, too.
    Amy {babybabylemon} recently posted..Wordless Wednesday: At the Museum

5. Mimi says:

That is so sweet. Love the different effects you applied to your photos! Can’t decide which is my favorite! LOL I do love the Pioneer Woman!
    Mimi recently posted..Wordless Wednesday: #MNBlogCon

6. Sweaty says:

My fave is the first one! As a mother to a little girl, those moments when I watched her spending time with her daddy were always precious. You’ve really captured the gentleness and a father’s love for his daughter there!

Am a new follower stopping by from WW. I hope you’ll stop by my blog and follow back. Thanks!
    Sweaty recently posted..Wise Words: Wordful and (Not So) Wordless Wednesday

7. Tracey
    Twitter:
    says:

Love love love the first one. Michael looks like he just walked off the set of Mean Streets. Ha!

8. Kate says:

Love them all, but I think the color of the first is my fave. Glad she’s sleeping!!

9. elflingsmama says:

The B&W is my favorite, hands down. There’s something about it that gives the moment a timeless quality. So precious!

10. Leslie
    Twitter:
    says:

Love these! And love the fact that she’s finally sleeping through the night! I will be checking out the Pioneer Woman’s editing stuff ASAP!!!

11. Sarah
    Twitter:
    says:

Oh my!! Too sweet!!
    Sarah recently posted..Initials, Inc {Review & Giveaway}

12. Lucy says:

Great pics!

13. adorable moment!!

14. I’m a total sucker for daddy/baby pictures! love ‘em all.
    Teresha@ Marlie and Me recently posted..Toddler Log: 2 Years and 5 Weeks Old