(Nearly) Wordless Wednesday: Bang the Drum

Today was one of those days. Cedella woke up long before 7, it was still dark outside. Despite trying to snuggle with her in her bed, trying to snuggle with her in our bed, trying to bribe her with cartoons and Mama Milk she insisted on getting up and being her bossy stubborn ignoring self.

All day she defied every single thing I asked her to do.

During art time she threw her fully loaded paint brush at me and the carpet. Yea. Washable paint comes off clothes. But not out of carpet. Thanks kid.

It took over 20 minutes of wrestling her like a greased pig to get her dressed.

She didn’t want to eat anything at all for lunch. Aside from Veggie Straws which she kept chewing up and spitting out. And cheese sticks.

Of which she ate two.

I tried and tried in vain to get her to take a nap before my appointment at the Greenhouse Birth Center today.

She never did take a nap.

So I put up the gate at her bedroom door so that I could take a shower.

She screamed the entire time I was in the shower.

Then it took almost ten minutes of chasing her around the car, cause it’s really funny to have pregnant Mommy waddle after chase you in 20 degree weather.

At least she was pleasant and well behaved at the birth center. She only made me chase her once to change her diaper while there.

In fairness to the little Monkey she has a bit of a cold, a runny nose and a slight cough.

But you wouldn’t know it by the amount of energy she exerts simply by pretending she doesn’t hear anything I say to her.

She says ‘Huh?’ A LOT.

On days like these I need a reminder of how sweet and awesome she is most other days.

Better yet, on days like today you just wanna bang on something. Like your head against the wall.

But to avoid injury there’s always these bad boys….

Drums.

My little Animal.

Sometimes I find myself daydreaming of beating these things to a million little pieces.

But I can’t. Cause look at her face when she’s playing these things.

It’s brilliant.

Michael’s teaching her how to keep a beat. Though I think she’s a natural.

I know, I know, what kind of crazy mother would rather her kid be banging on a drum set? This one.

Cause drums are cool. And bands are cool. And she will be the coolest drummer since Sheila E.

Looks like she thinking of a name for her band. Very emo.

Or maybe trying to figure out how to kick the bass drum in these sweet kicks. That’s right. Only the coolest drummers play in their Abby Cadabby slippers. (SIDE NOTE: Why do small people shoes make me so weak in the knees? Seriously. It’s a problem. I LOVE them. Luckily so does Monk. And thankfully my husband seems to ignore our little obsession…but I really think it’s getting out of control. How many slippers does a 2 year old need?)

And the amazing part about her drum session? Kira slept through the whole thing…

And now I’m going to bed. Cause damn if it hasn’t been a tough day. Happy WW to each and every one of you πŸ˜‰

Comments

1. kewkew says:

Sorry you had such a rough day. Love the pictures though.
    Those drums look like fun.
    Would love for you to stop by and share
    kewkew recently posted..Wednesday Blog Hopping: January 25, 2012

2. Cate says:

She’s a beauty- and she looks like she is having a ball. Thanks for sharing. Hope you can stop by and visit me.
    Cate recently posted..An angel at my Table

3. Jen says:

I have a very similar little girl in my house… love of drums and all. Thankfully, the only drums we have are the ones that go with Rock Band. A little bit less noise… a little.

And boy, does my girl just love to go to town on those drums.

Haha! Thankfully she’s too young for Rock Band, cause then we’d have a LOT more noise in this house cause I can’t resist a good guitar solo!! Girl drummers rock!!

4. I’ve had those days, too – Little Dude keeps mentioning drums, but I thought maybe it’d drive me even crazier…I’m thinking I need to rethink that! :) Love all the shots – she’s going to be a Rock Star!! :)
    Stacy Uncorked recently posted..Introducing the World’s Smallest Warrior Cat Friends – or Just Random Tiny Animals

Oh man…I’m sure you know what I mean. The good thing about these drums is how quiet they are. The plastic heads on them don’t lend themselves to a lot of noise. She makes much more noise banging together pots and pans!

5. I’m sure she LOVES the drum set, too! haha. Totally cute photos!
    Veronica @ Germlisch recently posted..Wordless Wednesday – On The Go

6. Michelle says:

Oh, my boy was our little drummer and everyone thought we were crazy to buy him drums before his second birthday. He played those drums every single day for over a year, we even built him a stage in the basement. Yeah, the noise level wasn’t always fun but why wouldn’t you encourage a love of music!? We have now upgraded him to a full drum kit but he isn’t that into them lately, kinda makes me sad.
    Love the pics of your adorable little drummer girl.

It doesn’t surprise me at all the you and Todd would have a drummer in your house!! Or any kind of musician! I bet he will go back to it one of these days, it’s gotta be in his blood!

Thanks for the tip on Florabella used the Luxe actions to edit these!!

7. Andrea Aiuto says:

I am sorry you had a rough day! Oh my though, those drum pictures are 100% adorable! She really does seem to enjoy it. really cute. and I ADORE those slippers. Damn with Adah and her guitar and Monk and her drums they are gonna start a powerhouse girl band!!! hahaa
    Love that Kira ignored it all, haha. get some rest lady! xoxoxo
    Andrea Aiuto recently posted..At Last, the skies above are blue

Thanks for the commiseration sweetie! I am hoping that we have a few really talented girls all the same age that can for the next superstar girl group. The current name is Destiny’s Kid but that’s only a working title πŸ˜‰

8. Andrea Aiuto says:

oh and she sooooo has your smile
    Andrea Aiuto recently posted..At Last, the skies above are blue

9. Joanna says:

It looks like she’s a natural! Too cute!!

10. She is so stinking’ cute! I remember those days of chasing my toddler around while soooooo pregnant with my second. HARD!

11. Sarah says:

Sooo sweet. Sounds like what I think of some of the boys toys. I want to just throw away some of their toys but they are so happy.
    Sarah recently posted..January Sponsors

Haha! EXACTLY. The drums are noisy but fun. Though I tend to take batteries out of the creepy toys that start singing or making noise all on their own.

12. Jennifer says:

I’ve been thinking of getting my little guy a drum set, too, but DH would veto that in a heart beat. Oh well, you win some, you lose some.

… Getting my kids shoes on the other hand…
    Jennifer recently posted..I Can’t Watch Sports

I say that you tell your DH that he NEEDS the drums because he’s showing some really musical genius and that musicans do better in school. Or something like that. But I guess if it’s drums vs. shoes…I’d go shoes every single time.

13. You have the patience of Job!
    Teresha@ Marlie and Me recently posted..Preview: EdenFantasys {Giveaway Coming Soon}

14. This… is awesome. I love the pictures you snapped!! The outlet that drumming provides for her is obviously a positive one. Keep up the great work! I have a really amazing dummer-friend who offers lessons in k-zoo. Just fyi. πŸ˜‰

PS Totally with you on the weakness for little shoes!! I found a pair of red-mary-janes with a butterfly embroidered on them in both of my girls’ size last year. I was kinda bummed they didn’t have them in my comparatively ginormous size 9 1/2 though. They were so damn cute!
    Kelli @ Momma Needs a Beer recently posted..Art Therapy

Thanks Kelli! I’m a bit in love with these photos myself. And she’s a bit in love with the drums. Good to know about your drummer friend, I would love to encourage her to pursue music lessons in whatever form she’s into.

Glad to know that so many of us have a weakness for shoes. Guess that’s why they’re so damn expensive, cause they know we will buy them anyways!! And don’t worry I know how you feel…I’m rocking a size 10 foot over here!

Trackbacks

1. .VCNCwd6nDfM says:

.VCNCwd6nDfM…

(Nearly) Wordless Wednesday: Bang the Drum…