(Nearly) Wordless Wednesday: It’s Elmo! Really?

How could we possibly top all the fun we had at Build-a-Bear this weekend? By stepping it up a notch and pulling out the big guns.

That’s right Elmo and Sesame Street Live.

Whoa. That had to be the best parental decision we’ve in a while. At least from Monk’s perspective.

And did I mention BFF Anna was involved? Yea. Monk was pretty damn excited just to see Anna, add Elmo and the rest of the crew from the Street? Absolute overload.

I didn’t know a pair of 2 year olds could be so incredibly enraptured by a stage show. But if there’s Elmo involved, you bet your sweet ass they’re going to be enraptured. They love that furry red monster.

We got to spend the afternoon at the gorgeous Fox Theater in Detroit. The last time we were there, Cedella was three months old and we saw Alicia Keys (without her). Apparently we only go to concerts or the theater if it’s the Fox. Just sayin’. We’re cool Detroiters like that. Monk kept looking up at the ceiling and around the room and couldn’t get enough of the building. My little architect in the making 😉

Stunning, huh?

Did I mention our kick-ass seats? At half-off? Guess going to Sesame Street on Super Bowl Sunday has it’s advantages. We were close enough that the girls could see every character, larger than life.

The show was pretty much an special episode of Sesame Street with more singing and dancing. And a light show. And confetti.

There were super heroes involved. Including Monk’s second favorite guy, Super Grover.

I don’t think Cedella and Anna took their eyes off the stage. Except to look at each other, give hugs and kisses and laugh about how cool it all was.

They crack me up.

And now we’ve added some new songs to our stale repertoire. Like ‘Old McDonald had some Lunch’. Thanks Elmo. We needed some new material.

And made some really great new family memories.

After the show was over the girls went crazy. Maybe the excitement of the show? The popcorn they devoured? Or just the Elmo of it all? They danced around like they do. Anna swings Cedella around by the arms.

Cedella falls down. Anna picks her up. All the while laughing hysterically.

Who could tell them to get off the dirty nasty floor when they’re having this much fun?

Not me…

So would we got back to Sesame Street Live again? Hell yes. A good afternoon was had by all. Especially two sweet little girls in love with Elmo. And one big old Mama who loves taking her kid to the theater in the D.

Have you ever taken your kids to Sesame Street Live? Or Yo Gabba Gabba Live (the next one we want to hit up)? Was it the best thing ever?

Happy WW to each and every one!!

Comments

1. Vhen says:

wow, such a wonderful experience for all of you! sounds and it looks you really had a blast!

happy WW!

see yah!
    Vhen recently posted..Sunflower

2. kewkew says:

What a great opportunity for the girls. Looks like they had a great time.
    Would love for you to stop by and share.
    kewkew recently posted..Wordless Wednesday: February 8, 2012 (w/linky): My Artistic Daughter

It was such a great opportunity! We’re trying to warm her up for lifetime love of the stage 😉 Heading over to link up now!

3. dumb mom says:

Yeah for Sesame Street! We’ve not been to the live show, but we have been to Sesame Place! #3 LOVED it!
    dumb mom recently posted..Wordful Wednesday. Heart Shaped Garland, Moustaches, and Dudes.

4. That place is beautiful! And it looks like the kids thoroughly enjoyed it!
    Veronica @ Germlisch recently posted..Wordless (almost) Wednesday – Modeling @ 37.5 weeks preggo!

It is one of the most beautiful places I’ve been in the states. And the kids LOVED it! Thanks for stopping by! Hope you’re feeling well…you’re almost there!

5. That theater is beautiful!! And I love those pictures of Cedella. She is so cute simply enthralled by the show in her little Elmo outfit. :)

It’s simply stunning! Everytime we go I have to stare up at the ceiling for a few minutes. Isn’t she too funny? She was completely sucked it. It was super cute 😉

6. momto8blog says:

wow! lucky all of you!

7. Tracey says:

So much fun! I love that she’s wearing her Ernie dress. Her and Anna rolling around on the floor is priceless.

Isn’t that Ernie dress the best thing ever? Her and Anna rolling around on the floor of the Fox. That will be one of the stories we tell at her wedding some day…

8. What an awesome day – and you got some good pics! Anna has been talking about Cedella and the “huge” Elmo nonstop since Sunday. Sesame Street Live for the win!
    Leslie Arends recently posted..Pinny Party!

9. Looks like SUCH a great time! They’re so cute!!
    Stacy Uncorked recently posted..Forget the Snuggie – Now You Can Be Forever Lazy from Head to Toe!

10. Nolie says:

What a gorgeous theatre.
    Nolie recently posted..OCD Baby Bottles (Wordless Wednesday w/Linky)

11. Katie E says:

I took my oldest to Sesame Street Live when she was young and Sesame Street obsessed. It was very cool. I must admit that I loved Yo Gabba Gabba live with the newest even more! I thought it was more fun for parents – and kept the kids mesmerized. Quite a show.

It’s fun to be the kind of mom who will take kids to these awesome shows! Glad you and Cedella and friend had fun!
    Katie E recently posted..Wednesday Morning #iPPP

12. Andrea Aiuto says:

the fox is so beyond beautiful. love it there
    glad you and the fam had fun seeing elmo!
    Andrea Aiuto recently posted..The Beginning of February

13. angie says:

Looks like so much fun, and what a theatre!
    angie recently posted..Join Me For a DIY Live Chat!

14. Sarah says:

Sounds and looks like fun.
    Sarah recently posted..Foodtography {WW #26}

15. Amazing isn’t it? Love the pics of the theater.
    Andie@multiplemama recently posted..If you give a mama a fish tank…

16. Good times! We won tixs to YGG Live last December. Marlie wasn’t even allowed to watch tv back then so she didn’t know who the characters were but she enjoyed the songs and dancing balloon drop! It’s a great show

17. Joanne says:

Wow! How I wish I can spent these kind of vacation together with my family, I found it a perfect place for great moments.
    Joanne recently posted..Wedding Mate