(Nearly) Wordless Wednesday: The New Girl

Seems like WW is the only time I can get anything posted though I have several posts in the works. The hard part is the photos. Over the past two years I feel like I’ve really grown as a photographer thanks to my beautiful subjects and upgrade in equipment. But that means that I want to put beautiful pictures in every single post. Which is really damn time consuming.

So I feel like something needs to give a bit.

The writing needs to be able to flow without needing photos to back it up. I want to get back to telling stories, relateable moments of life as a SAHM of precocious little girls. I want to capture the way the moment felt and sounded and smelled, not just what it looked like.

So I’m going to try to bumrush y’all with photos on Wednesdays per usual, and (briefly) write my little heart out two or three more days a week.

That’s the other thing. I’m gonna start giving myself a word count max as an exercise and see what happens.

All that being said…

One morning a couple weeks ago I woke up to the most amazing white light flowing through our bedroom windows (our bedroom is three walls full of windows…I call it The Treehouse cause that’s what it feels like in there). I had really wanted to do a newborn photo shoot with Nugget, but alas I didn’t set it up in time and really didn’t want to spend $300+ dollars on it.

So I pulled up trusty old Pinterest, printed my favorite images as inspiration, studied up on some of the tips that photographers have given, gathered my supplies and set out to shoot my nudie baby.

She was cooperative for about 20 minutes. And didn’t sleep at all (unlike the precious Anne-Geddes-esque pics that are so pervasive these days).

But what I captured is just so Zorie. Wide eyed, but mellow. Strong, yet cuddly. Soft and furry and chubby and delicious.

Here’s my New Girl in all her glory…

Happy Wordless/Wordful/Wonderful Wednesday to all from me and my Nugget!

Comments

1. Terra Heck says:

She is absolutely adorable. You captured innocence and preciousness of a baby.
    Terra Heck recently posted..Wordful Wednesday – My Baby Isn’t A Baby Anymore

2. debi9kids
    Twitter:
    says:

oh my!
    She is delicious!
    debi9kids recently posted..perfect fit

3. Lydia
    Twitter:
    says:

So beautiful, and ohmygoodness, that hair!! Great job momma :)
    Lydia recently posted..In a nutshell :)

4. dumb mom says:

Adorable! Gotta love a wrinkly baby bottom!
    dumb mom recently posted..Wordful Wednesday. Teaching Kids to Save the Earth.

5. Awwwww! So precious!! :)
    Stacy Uncorked recently posted..Creation from a Hunger Games Obsession

6. Ohmigoodness – she’s just precious! I love her little wrinkles in her middle! Thanks for sharing those and giving me my baby fix today!
    Missy | Literal Mom recently posted..Art Through Music

7. Beautiful! The photos are amazing Alexia! And she is just so precious!

Zorie’s personality actually sounds a lot like my number two, which is nothing like Little Man. It’s amazing how early their unique little personalities come out, isn’t it? I knew there would be differences, but I still fine myself amazed every day.
    Erika @NAMAmmaSTE recently posted..Siblings. A Gift To Each Other.

8. Elena says:

Your nugget is so sweet! You captured her beautifully!

9. cheryl says:

so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. mari says:

Adorable, absolutely adorable! Just wanted to stop by and encourage you to join our 12 days of Capturing Motherhood Through Your Lens! You can do it for fun or for some fabulous prizes! Hope to see you there! http://inspiredbyfamilymag.com/2012/04/15/mommy-moments-photo-challenge-has-begun/

11. ZOMG… she’s so perfect. Excellent shots!!! You’ll cherish them forever. I highly recommend having someone take a shot of her resting on your hands (try nursing her to sleep in a warm room before). The hubs & I had a photo shoot where we stacked our hands under Sedona when she was 3 weeks old, and it’s one of my favorite photos EVAH! Really illustrates how little she was. But I love what you have captured so far. I miss those days!
    Kelli @ Momma Needs a Beer recently posted..Get in Shape, Girl!

12. These are incredible photos! I have yet to master the home photo shoot and I used to be a photographer…smh!
    Teresha@ Marlie and Me recently posted..[Guest Post] How to Stop Picky Eaters and the Food Wars

13. robyn says:

yep im a gramma sittin here in tears lovin the baby rolls and wrinkles and her adorable lil cheeks and everything else about her… THANK YOU for sharing these precious moments.

14. Justine
    Twitter:
    says:

Wow!!! You did a fabulous job lady. Who needs to spend money on a photographer – not you that’s who :)

Enjoy those wrinkles and newbornness. My baby’s almost one and I miss her tiny, itty bittiness. But I guess with each new stage there’s a new wonder. Still can’t help missing the old though.

Sigh.
    Justine recently posted..Six Word Fridays: On hold or hold on?

15. Tracey
    Twitter:
    says:

Simply gorgeous… both the pictures and our Izzie. I’m in love!
    Tracey recently posted..Welcome to the Department of Words