(Nearly) Wordless Wednesday: Making Cookies

One of my favorite things to do with my daughter is cook. Anyone who kept up with my Week in the Life posts saw us in the kitchen together. A lot.

I love to cook. I think food brings together the family. I couldn’t wait for the day to be able to be in the kitchen with my kids making something delicious and having them try and taste new things.

And Cedella is my perfect little assistant. She loves to measure things and pour things and stir things. When she’s antsy and bored she’ll grab my hand and lead me to the kitchen and say ‘I Cook Mommy’.

How cute is that?

I’ve always wanted to be the mom that has a jar full of freshly baked cookies sitting on the counter just waiting for children to come home from school and devour them. And I’m proud to say that I’m doing a pretty good job keeping that up so far.

My favorite cookies when I was a kid were No-Bakes. They were chocolate, peanut butter AND oatmeal. And they were delicious. I had an extreme craving for them a couple weeks ago and so I got my little girl into the kitchen for her first cookie making lesson.

First…the ingredients. These are the easiest cookies to make cause there’s only seven ingredients. And there’s no putting in the oven. Hence the name No-Bakes.

Then there’s the measuring…

And inevitably when cooking with a 21 month old there’s some spillage involved…in this case it was literally spilled milk.

But once we got the chocolate and butter and milk getting all delicious together in the pan things started looking up.

Then it was time to add the vanilla…Cedella had her own way of opening the bottle.

But we rescued the vanilla from being consumed like an airplane shooter, stirred in the oatmeal and peanut butter and poured beautiful globs of goodness onto some wax paper to cool.

They were absolutely delicious. And thankfully my husband doesn’t like chocolate (whuck?!). So that meant even more chocolately goodness for me and Monk.

Here’s the recipe I found in Pinterest courtesy of One More Moore: No-Bakes.

What kind of stuff do you cook with your kids? Happy Wednesday folks!!

Comments

1. Katie E says:

Those look delicious – we love those cookies too and have never made them. Now I’m thinking I should with my girls. They love to help cook – and usually it drives me crazy, but I don’t mind if we plan something to make together :) Cedella always looks so incredibly cute!
    Katie E recently posted..Wordless Wednesday: Recent Favorites

2. Dumb Mom says:

Those do look delicious. Oh to be able to eat peanut butter in this house again.
    Dumb Mom recently posted..Wordful Wednesday. Other Families’ Photos.

3. Yum, I want some!! I would happily come over and help eat those if we lived closer. 😉 That is so awesome you girls love to cook together. D, unfortunately, has a Mommy who does not like being in the kitchen.
    Jocelyn @ ScooterMarie recently posted..1 year

I’d happily share!! And make extras to send home with you!! 😉 It’s cool if you don’t like to cook. There’s gotta be something you love to do that D will be fascinated by and that you can teach her all about. It’s all about spending time and being together…ya know?

4. Neringa says:

Now you inspired me to make some tonight :-) Recipe, please?

5. Tracey says:

I haven’t had those in years! I want some. Look at Monk’s eyes in that last one. Gorgeous!

We’ll make some next time you visit. And thanks…though the pic is slightly photoshopped. Cause out of the camera it was really blown out but her eye color was just so stunning in that light.

6. kim says:

No bakes! Oh, how I love these! Now I’m totally in the mood for them! She is a doll, Alexia! Can’t wait to see the new one! (and so get to cuddle her next summer!)
    kim recently posted..More Crazy In My Head

You have got to make these with the kids! They’ll have a blast! Can’t wait for another chance to hang with you next summer! And you can have all kinds of Baby #2 love 😉

7. me want cookie! num, num, num, num
    Teresha@ Marlie and Me recently posted..CouponCabin’s 25 Crazy Dayz of Giveawayz: Win $194 in Maternity & Baby Prizes (US) #CouponCabinHop

No-bakes were my craving for like a week straight. Then I ate them for a week straight. Pretty sure this baby is going to be Cookie Monster!!

• Kamryn says:

Firstly, I truly liked just what Aaron Manley and Chloe Moretz bought for their roles because Kick Ass and Reach Girl reevlctipsey, but most of all of those other film had been forgettable.

8. Brooke says:

So cute! Ruby and I just baked up some persimmon cookies the other day – she LOVES getting out her apron, pulling the chair over and adding all the ingredients… and eating the flour. LOL.
    Great blog – so happy to have found you!

Thanks girl! Persimmon cookies sound really interesting. We like to eat persimmons! Recipe please!! Happy to have found you too!!