Wordful Wednesday: Yay for Sisters!!

It’s no secret that when I found out I was having another girl I was more than a bit excited. Primarily for the fact that I wanted Cedella to have a sister.

I am fortunate enough to have two lovely sisters. And those relationships are some of the most important and lasting friendships I will ever have.

To me the best gift for Cedella and a potential sibling would be the gift of sisterhood.

And when Isora was born I could hardly contain my thrill of introducing her to her big sister.

It was quite a moment. I don’t know if Cedella knew that she was real, maybe she thought Zorie was a doll.

Granted Isora was less than six hours old when we brought her home, and was still pretty sleepy. But Monk just stared and held her hand. Well here, just take a look…

Over the past six weeks the girls have begun to grow into their sisterhood. In fact I believe I’ve been given a glimpse into how close these two will be for the rest of their lives.

In fact they’re so close that we could be headed for trouble. The other day I put Zorie down on my bed so I could run to the bathroom. Not two minutes later Cedella came into the bathroom CARRYING her sister. That’s right. A 25 lb. little toddler carrying a 12 lb. baby with no head control! She told me “the baby wants to see you Mommy”. And the baby? Was smiling. Just grinning from ear to ear. I couldn’t even yell at her cause I was so shocked by how calmly the baby was handling the whole thing.

Cause that’s the scariest part. Zorie loves Ella so much that she rarely cries when she’s being smothered with kisses or dragged around the house. I have a feeling this means that as soon as she’s able to she will follow her big sister around and do whatever she says. If so, Ella will have found her scapegoat and we as parents are totally screwed.

I’m just so impressed with how much love is between the two of them already. Cedella loves to hold her sister and touch her and bring her toys and kiss her. There’s LOTS of kissing going on.

Cedella likes to ask “Can I hold her for just a second Mommy?” Or when I get irritated with her because she has once again climbed into the baby swing while the baby is in it, it’s “I’m just kissing her a little bit Mommy.”

Sure, every once in a while Isora gets fussy when her sister shows too much affection. But for the most part, she just lays there and takes it.

I’m just really looking forward to watching their relationship grow. Seeing how much they protect and look after one another. How different they are and yet how many things they will have in common. The epic-ness of their fights over boys or shoes or music.

Just look at them. How fortunate am I? Sweet baby Jesus I love these girls.

What were your kids like when they first met? How have their relationships grown? Do you have sisters in your house? Please share your stories or any advice you have on raising strongly connected siblings. Thanks!

Happy WW folks!!

Comments

1. dumb mom says:

Such blessings. I always wished for a sister. Or a daughter. Or two. Probably things worked out the way they were supposed to. My brother makes me look like a frickin genius celebrity, and my Dudes are so dang awesome.
    dumb mom recently posted..Wordful Wednesday. On Finding a Stylist to Love On.

Your home is full of blessings lady! Those dudes are awesomer each and every time I see a pic…

And brothers are great for that, aren’t they?

2. Lucy says:

There is nothing better than the love of one sister for another. I was doubly blessed being a twin, she is my other half, my big sis by six whole minutes, my partner in crime, my very best friend, my first womb-mate and my college roommate! So much love and so many memories. Sisters are simply put. a blessing! So looking forward to enjoying sisterly moments w/Ella and Zorie! xoxo to one great and gorgeous mama

So true Lucy!! We’ve talked about it a lot, so I know you feel me on this one. lol

I owe you a phone call btw…phone date tomorrow night?

3. Tracey says:

Beautiful beautiful girls. Having sisters is absolutely essential, I think. Who knew mine would have such an amazing pair of girls? Well, I sort of did, actually.

4. Katie E says:

Oh, they’re both so beautiful! I love seeing sweet sisters. My girls are secret best friends, though they’re at the age they’d deny it. I hope they will always be close. Yours, too.

I can’t believe that Cedella carried Zorie to you!
    Katie E recently posted..A Glimpse into the Mind of a Dieting Failure

Thanks Katie! I love how you call Jenni and Reagan secret bfs. That’s hilarious. They’ll get over in ten years or so…lol

5. Awwwww! So sweet! They’ll definitely be best friends. I have two sisters and we’re very close. I was sad I couldn’t give Princess Nagger a sister – she was my one and only miracle. But we’re in the process of adopting 4 year old Little Dude – and while the dynamics are so much different than sisters, at least she’ll have a little brother to harass and annoy…and vice versa. 😉
    Stacy Uncorked recently posted..Having Fun Creating with Clay

Thanks Stacy! Princess Nagger may be your one and only womb baby but sisters come in all different ways. And a little brother? She’ll be over the moon! Once she gets used to sharing the spotlight, right?

6. That last photo just makes my heart flutter! They are too too gorgeous!
    Teresha@ Marlie and Me recently posted..FuzziBunz Elite OS Pocket Diaper Give Away Sponsored by Thanks Mama #ClothDiaperHop

7. angie says:

There’s no doubt about it: Sisters are special and your girls are exceptional.
    angie recently posted..Wordful Wednesday – Our Vacation to Riviera Maya

8. Words can’t express how much I LOVE this post!!!!! Every one of these pictures made me cry!!

Watching my daughters bond since they became sisters 4 years ago has been my favorite part of motherhood. The deep love sisters share is so raw and unique. Even when they fight, it’s all good. They are not only learning how to deal with each other… but the social aspect of their relationship will help them so much when they face challenges in the big scary world someday.
    Kelli @ Momma Needs a Beer recently posted..The Upside of Ignoring Your Kids.