(Nearly) Wordless Wednesday: Sisterly Love

When I posted Yay for Sisters! way back in May I was only beginning to see how my girls interacted. Mainly cause Izzie was just such a little squish and couldn’t really interact with her big sis. It was so sweet because Cedella would try like hell to kiss and hug her sister, and though she was often a bit aggressive, she always treated her sweetly and kindly.

But recently a whole new development has been occurring. Now that Isora is down on the floor rolling and playing and trying to scoot across the floor Cedella has suddenly decided that like the rest of us, the baby must follow her every whim. And she treats her little sister like she’s any other friend, no sharing, no niceties and lots of bossiness.

The really funny part about this relationship is that no matter the times Ella rips something out of her hands, Izzie responds with a smile. When Big Sis is in the midst an Oscar-worthy crying scene, the Baby is all grins (or thumbs as the case may be).

In fact Ella has taken to telling her sister “It’s not funny. Don’t smile” when she’s crying or throwing a fit. And every time she says it, we all laugh a bit harder.

Though toys are snatched away or tickles are a bit too rough or kicks are doled out there are still these tender little moments of play between the two of them.

Last week when I was shooting Izzie’s 5 month pictures I was changing my lens when I looked up to see this scene.

Cedella has a little pretend make-up kit that she was given from her big kid friend Sofia.  She’ll walk all over the house in her plastic hooker princess shoes, carrying her make-up bag in one hand and purse in the other. There was never any doubt this child is a girl through-and-through.

She decided that Izzie needed make-up if she was going to take pictures. And Isora just loved all the gentle attention from Cedella.

And then the other morning I left them on the bed while I went to the bathroom and came back to this. ::swoon::

There’s nothing that warms this book lover’s heart like her girls reading books together!

I know that there will be plenty of silly fights and real arguments and challenging conflicts between the two of them. But in these sweet moments I know that they’re building a friendship to last the rest of their lives. And I couldn’t be happier for them both :)

How are your little ones together? Do they fight like cats and dogs? Bicker like an old married couple? Protect and love one another? Any tips on keeping that relationship close without creating animosity?

Happy W Wednesday folks!!

Comments

1. Charlotte says:

Ah, how lovely!!!
    Charlotte recently posted..Fun Photo Fun – Zoooooooooooooo!

2. Katie E says:

Sisterly love – those moments get me the most! I think my favorite of these is the blush one – so cute!
    Katie E recently posted..A Tuesday Night Snack #iPPP

3. Awwwww! They’re both so precious! Princess Nagger is slowly getting used to the addition of Little Dude as her little brother – they have those rare ‘getting along famously’ moments too – though they’re few and far between at the moment. :)
    Stacy Uncorked recently posted..First Day of Fourth Grade

4. I love this post! These pictures & stories brought tears to my eyes. It keeps getting better, doesn’t it? And it really is all positive. Even when there’s a fight over… whatever it is they choose to fight over… it is teaching them how to deal with each other, and future relationships! I know my youngest was much more prepared for preschool just because she learned so much from interacting with her big-sis.
    Kelli @ Momma Needs a Beer recently posted..The Safety Net

5. Aww! Absolutely adorable!
    The photo with the book, is one for the books! ha! But seriously. That is one to remember.
    Veronica @ Germlisch recently posted..Whatt’ya wanna know?!

6. angie says:

Sweetest thing ever!!!
    angie recently posted..Wordful Wednesday – Fishing in Utah

7. Tracey says:

I totally just teared up. At work. Thanks for that!

Sisters are the best. I oughta know!

8. Teresha says:

the sweetness is giving me a sugar high!

9. Camille says:

Aww, precious pics! I can’t wait to see how my daughter interacts with the baby on the way. I hope the jealousy won’t be too bad!
    Camille recently posted..28 Week Bumpdate!

10. Lorna says:

These are adorable! I hope your girls stay best friends!
    Lorna recently posted..Tea And Technology